Bachelor of Pharmacy | Purbanchal University
The Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. pharm) generally deals with impacts, properties and use of medicine. The program is designed to produce skilled pharmacist with an in-depth knowledge of medicine. It provides students with sufficient understanding of the techniques and principles of pharmacy. In addition to the theoretical knowledge, students are provided with practical training with the intention of preparing them for the job market.
The Bachelor of Pharmacy offered at Purbanchal University (PU) is a four-year academic program. This degree is based on the semester system and is divided into eight semesters in total. Students are expected to complete 160 credit hours of full-time study. Under this program, students have to study about the pharmaceutical, physical, chemical & pharmacological properties of medicine and its application in the pharmacy profession. The program consists of courses like Basic Electronics & Computer Application, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Remedial Mathematics, Communication Skill, Chemistry of Natural Products, Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Public Health Pharmacy etc.
List of Bachelor of Pharmacy Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Bachelor of Pharmacy program under Purbanchal University in Nepal.
- Asian College of Advance Studies
| 01-5540183/01-5530656, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- HOPE International College
| 01-5151867/01-5151936, Satdobato, Lalitpur
- Karnali College of Health Sciences
| 01-4470205, 01-4470906, gaushala, Kathmandu
- Little Buddha College of Health Sciences
| 01-4784458, 01-4784459, Minbhawan, Kathmandu
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
| +977 1 4030781/82/83/84, Soaltee Mode, Kathmandu
- National Academy for Medical Sciences
| 01-4466465 ,01-4469017, Kanti path, Kathmandu
- Novel Academy
| 061-535629, Pokhara
Objectives of Bachelor of Pharmacy
The major aim of the program is to provide intensive pharmacy program both at basic and professional levels, equipping students with knowledge and skills needed to conduct the pharmacy profession. Some of the major objectives of this program are mentioned below:
Exhibit understanding of the basic and clinical science education of pharmacy training.
To enhance industrial, business and clinical skills needed to operate as a pharmacist in pharmaceutical clinics, private & public hospitals.
Enhance the leadership quality for the promotion of health.
Admission Requirements in Bachelor of Pharmacy
Candidates must have to meet the following criteria to be eligible for applying for Bachelor of Pharmacy:
Must have to pass +2/ any intermediate level equivalent to +2 from any colleges/ universities recognized by Purbanchal University with the major subjects like physics, mathematics, biology and chemistry.
Candidates must have to appear in the entrance examination.
Candidates must have to be above seventeen years old at the time of admission.
Candidates must be fit both mentally and physically as well.
Verified copy of academic certificates issued by the academic intuitions attended.
Verified copy of character certificates issued by the academic intuition last attended.
Accurately filled and signed application form.
Admission fees as mentioned by the Purbanchal University.
- Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry Practical
- Pharmacognosy- I
- Pharmacognosy- I Practical
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry Practical
- Basic Computer Applications
- Basic Computer Applications Practical
- Communication Skill
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry –I
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry –I Practical
- Pharmacognosy- II
- Pharmacognosy–II Practical
- Physical Pharmacy
- Physical Pharmacy Practical
- Pharmaceutical Analysis – I
- Pharmaceutical Analysis – I Practical
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology I Practical
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry –II
- Pharmaceutical Organic Chemistry -II Practical
- Pharmacognosy III
- Pharmacognosy III Practical
- Pharmaceutical Analysis –II
- Pharmaceutical Analysis –II Practical
- Pharmaceutical Engineering I
- Pharmaceutical Engineering I Practical
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Anatomy & Physiology II Practical
- Biochemistry Practical
- Chemistry of Natural Products
- Chemistry of Natural Products Practical
- Pharmaceutical Engineering II
- Pharmaceutical Engineering II Practical
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology Practical
- Pharmacology I
- Pharmacology I Lab
- Medicinal Chemistry I
- Medicinal Chemistry I Practical
- Pharmaceutical Technology I
- Pharmaceutical Technology I Practical
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Practical
- Pharmacology –II
- Public Health Pharmacy
- Public Heath Pharmacy Field work
- Medicinal Chemistry II
- Medicinal Chemistry II Practical
- Pharmaceutical Technology II
- Pharmaceutical Technology II Practical
- Pharmacology –III
- Pharmacology –III Practical
- Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics
- Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics Practical
- Engineering Drawing
- Dosage form Design
- Dosage form Design Practical
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Research Methodology
- Literature Survey and Project Design Practical
- Forensic Pharmacy
- Dispensing and Community Pharmacy
- Dispensing and Community Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy Practical
- Drug Delivery System
- Quality Assurance & Instrumental Analysis
- Quality Assurance & Instrumental Analysis Practical
- Drug Delivery System Practical
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Project Work
Scope and Career Prospects
In Nepal, pharmacist has very bright future, as there are very few nurses and doctors to attend the patients. Moreover, in some of the places in Nepal, people don't have access to the medicines and there are very few medical stores. So, there is always a huge demand of a skilled pharmacist to fulfill the increasing need of clinics and medicines, creating a lucrative job opportunities for this degree holder. As this program basically deals with medications and its maintenance, graduates with this degree can work as:
Pharmacists in hospitals.
Chemical/ drug technician.
Drug coordinators at hospitals.