Master of Nursing | Tribhuvan University
Masters in Nursing (MN) is a graduate level program offered by the Tribhuvan University (T.U), under the faculty of Pharmacy & Nursing of Nepal. It is one of the highly valued as well as one of the prestigious degrees with a great scope worldwide. This is a 2 years duration course offered to the registered nurses only, providing them with more career opportunities in the health and medical sector. This course includes both practical and theoretical classes. Students can do their practice in Women Health & Development, Adult or Child Health Nursing.
Master in this Degree has 3 specialty areas
Master in Nursing (Women’s Health Development)
Master in Nursing (Pediatric)
Master in Nursing (Adult Nursing)
List of Master of Nursing Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for Master of Nursing program under Tribhuvan University in Nepal.
- Chitwan Medical College
| 056-592366 ,056-592367, Narayangadh, Bharatpur
- Lalitpur Nursing Campus
| 01 - 5524289, 5522535, Sanepa, Lalitpur
- Maharajgunj Medical Campus
| 01-4422971, maharajgunj, Kathmandu
- Maharajgunj Nursing Campus
| 01-4720178, maharajgunj, Kathmandu
Objectives of Master of Nursing
To produce highly professional, educated and capable nurses to work at higher managerial level positions.
To produce nurses who are willing to work for Women, Adult and Child Health care.
To produce nurses for promotion of health and medical necessities, conducting research programs in different areas of nursing as well as in the areas of medicine.
To help in the career development of nurses by providing them with theoretical and practical knowledge of required education.
To generate the proficient, enthusiastic, task oriented nurses for the management of health services in the nation.
To produce skilled nurses in order to give advanced level services to the general people on the base of knowledge and practice.
To provide the student with all the essential knowledge of educational science and to prepare qualified educator in the sector of nursing.
Admission Requirements in Master of Nursing
The candidates should have Post-basic BN or Generic BSc in Nursing from TU or University recognized by TU.
The candidates should have at least 2 years of experience after the completion of BN/ BSC in Nursing (Experience is valid only after registration in Nepal Nursing Council).
The candidates must have to be qualified in the entrance examination conducted by IOM.
For all Nepalese or Foreign students, the applicants must appear in common entrance examination conducted by Institute of Medicine.
After the entrance exam, the board will publish the merit list in the authorized sites and papers but the board will publish the merit list differently for Nepalese and foreign students.
In order to pass the entrance exam, candidates have to secure at least 50% marks.
The admission will be based on the merit basis in spot counseling (open house counseling) as required.
Master of Nursing Syllabus
Below is the detailed TU Master of Nursing Syllabus.
- : Nursing Theories & Models
- : Epidemiology & Statistics
- : Nursing Research
- : Trends & Issues in Nursing
- : Educational Science
- : Health Services Management
- : Advanced Nursing I (Theory) – Specialty: Women Health & Development
- : Advanced Nursing I (Theory) – Specialty: Adult Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing I (Theory) – Specialty: Child health Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing I (Theory) – Specialty: Psychiatric Nursing
- : Advances Nursing I (Practical) –Specialty: Women Health & Development
- : Advances Nursing I (Practical) –Specialty: Child Health Nursing
- : Advances Nursing I (Practical) –Specialty: Adult Nursing
- : Advances Nursing I (Practical) –Specialty: Psychiatric Nursing
Below is the detailed TU Master of Nursing Syllabus.
- : Advanced Nursing II–( Theory) – Specialty: Women Health & Development
- : Advanced Nursing II–( Theory) – Specialty: Adult Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing II–( Theory) – Specialty: Child health Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing II–( Theory) – Specialty: Psychiatric Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing II– (Practical) – Specialty: Women Health & Development
- : Advanced Nursing II– (Practical) – Specialty: Adult Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing II– (Practical) – Specialty: Child health Nursing
- : Advanced Nursing II– (Practical) – Specialty: Psychiatric Nursing
- : Thesis Writing & Viva Voce – Core
Scope and Career Prospects
Nursing is one of the honorable professions of taking care of the sick and wounded people. This course has tremendous scopes in our own country and outside of our country as well. After completing the graduation on this course, graduates can work as a teacher and lectures in different medical colleges. Graduates can also get involved in the field research as a researcher of health care sector. Different hospitals, nurturing houses, children homes and orphanage, old age house, NGO/ INGOs working in the field of health care, etc. are organizations and institutions where graduates can grab the suitable opportunities for themselves. Not only this, the nurse can also work as bed side assistant, heath assistant and project manager as well. Graduates of this degree can also get job opportunities in military, pharmaceutical related to treatment and caring, transport department, schools, and big corporate houses. The graduates of this degree are highly demanded by the foreign countries than in our own home country. If you get involved in the profession of care giving then you can make impressive salary and can enjoy superior life abroad.