BE in Industrial Engineering | Tribhuvan University
Bachelor in Industrial Engineering is one of the valued programs offered by Tribhuvan University (TU), under the Institute of Engineering (IOM). This degree was introduced in the year 2005 by the Department of Industrial engineering.
Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering is a degree, which is based on annual curriculum system and can be completed in four years. This program mainly focuses on the management and development of the industrial sector and the technologies as well as methodologies involved in industrialization.
List of BE in Industrial Engineering Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for BE in Industrial Engineering program under Tribhuvan University in Nepal.
Objectives of BE in Industrial Engineering
They key objectives of this degree are:
To provide the students with quality engineering education and research in the frontier engineering areas.
To produce capable and competitive graduates, who can work and improve the condition of the industries in Nepal.
To teach students about the national, regional and global industrialization.
To update student about the technological and methodological advancements of the industry in the global market and how it can be adopted in the local market.
To teach students about handling the problems and challenges confronted by the industries in Nepal.
To motivate students to become experts and professionals to hasten the speed of industrial growth in Nepal.
To produce manpower to serve in industrial division of Nepal and contribute in improvement of production of goods and services.
Admission Requirements in BE in Industrial Engineering
In Order to join t this course of Tribhuvan University, Interested candidate must have to possess following qualifications.
The candidates must have to complete I. SC. Or 10+2 in science or any equivalent degree recognized by Tribhuvan University.
The candidates must have to pass the 12th exam with 45% in total.
Furthermore, Candidates must have to score over 45% in the major subjects. Such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Candidates must have to appear for an entrance examination conducted annually by the Institute of Engineering (IOE).
The details regarding the entrance examinations, application forms and exam schedule can be found in the website of IOE i.e. http://entrance.ioe.edu.np. The application submission date usually opens in Bhadra and lasts for about a month. These updates can be viewed in TU's Institute of Science and technology website. The application forms are to be submitted online after receiving bank voucher for payment of application form.
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Computer Programming
- Engineering Drawing I
- Engineering Physics
- Applied Mechanics
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Engineering Drawing II
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Chemistry
- Fundamental of Thermodynamics And Heat Transfer
- Workshop Technology
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Fluid Mechanic and Machines
- Material Science and metallurgy
- Work Study and Ergonomics
- Manufacturing Technology
- Computer Aided Drawing
- Group Work and Presentation I
- Probability and Statistics
- Strength of Materials
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Production Process and Technology
- Electrical Machines
- Numerical Methods
- Engineering Economics
- Industrial Management
- Group Work and Presentation II
- Energy Power and Technology
- Project Management
- Numerical Methods
- Control System
- Metrology and Measurement
- Supply Chain Management
- Group Work and Presentation
- Elective I (Hydraulics and Pneumatics)
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Communication English
- Theory of Mechanics
- Design of Machine Element
- Concurrent Engineering and Value Engineering
- Maintenance Engineering
- Elective II (Human Resource Management)
- Operation Research
- Engineering Ethics and Industrial Law
- Plant Layout Design and Operation Health and Safety
- Refrigeration, HVAC System Design
- Elective III (Automobile)
- Elective IV (Quality Control Management)
- Industrial Attachment (On the Job Training: OJT)
Scope and Career Prospects
Industrial and Business Advisor.
Industry or Business Entrepreneur.
Industrial Developer and Planner.
Technological and methodological researcher.
Project planner and advisor.