BE in Computer Engineering | Tribhuvan University
Bachelor of Computer Engineering in short written as BE Computer is a four year, 8 semester course of Tribhuvan University. In this program, 52 core and elective courses are offered in the duration of 48 months. BE Computer is that discipline which integrates electrical and electronics engineering along with computer science to develop computer system. In BE Computer class students will be provided with the knowledge about electronics, electrical, software design and the hardware integration instead of just software related knowledge. In the four year duration, software development, information system design, digital system, computer networking, automatic system design etc. will be taught to the students. BE Computer aims to make students well acquainted with latest trend in the Information Technology through the special lectures from renowned scholars and experts.
List of BE in Computer Engineering Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for BE in Computer Engineering program under Tribhuvan University in Nepal.
- Advanced college of engineering and management
| 01-5522852 / 01-5539322, Kupondole, Lalitpur
- Himalaya college of engineering
| 01-5540555 ,01- 5554287 ,01-55554297, Chyasal-9, Lalitpur
- Institute of Engineering
| 01-5543078, Pulchowk, Lalitpur
- Janakpur Engineering College
| 01-5091615,01-5091616, Bhaktapur
- Kantipur Engineering College
| +977-1-5571004, +977-1-5571005, Dhapakhel, Lalitpur
- Kathford International College of Engineering and Management
| 977-1-5201241, 01-2050226, Balkumari, Lalitpur
- Kathmandu Engineering College
| 977 - 01- 4284902, +977 - 01- 4276130, kalimati, Kathmandu
Objectives of BE in Computer Engineering
After graduating in BE Computer of Tribhuvan University, the graduates will have:
Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering, analyze and interpret data, design and conduct experiments, and work with the multi-disciplinary teams.
Ability to design a system, component or process to fulfill the required needs by valuing the economic, social, environmental, ethical, and health constraints.
BE Computer graduates understand the need and have the ability to engage in the lifelong learning and professional development. They do this by recognizing the ethical and professional responsibilities.
Ability to understand, identify, formulate and solve problems by using modern tools, techniques and skills required for engineering practices.
Admission Requirements in BE in Computer Engineering
The minimum criteria for students who want to study Computer Engineering in Tribhuvan University are as follows:
He/ She should have secured minimum 45% marks in Intermediate level.
He/ She should have I. SC or 10+2 in Science stream (Physics group or Biology Group with full paper of two hundred marks mathematics) or A- Level or Diploma in engineering or equivalent courses from board/ university/ institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
Must have compulsorily fulfilled the entire application form requirement for entrance exam. Every year IOE publishes notice regarding the form fill up and eligibility criteria.
This above requirement is focused on the Nepali students. For foreigners there are other procedures which can be learned from the official website of IOE.
In the entrance exam, the questions are asked in five different sections. 40 marks are asked from Physics and Mathematics. Chemistry, English and Engineering Aptitude consists of 20, 22 and 18 marks respectively. The total question is 100 in numbers and the total mark is 140 and time allocated for this is 2 hours in full computerized system. Students will have to click on the correct option out of 4 options provided (Multiple Choice Question). Each wrong answer results in deduction of 10% marks in each question. The result is published as per the merit list. The merit list is prepared according to the marks obtained in entrance exam.
Unlike Mechanical Engineering, this degree is available in (TU) Tribhuvan University constituent colleges as well. The fee structure varies from each and every academies. We can assume that the cost of studying Computer Engineering lies between NRs. 7 to 9 lakhs. The cost of pursuing the program in public colleges like Thapathali, Eastern Regional College is lower as compared to that of the private colleges.
Entrance Preparation Centers:
Some of the fine entrance exam preparation institutes in Kathmandu valley are as follows:
PEA Association Pvt. Ltd., Thapathali, Kathmandu
NAEE Education Centre, Patan Dhoka, Lalitpur
KEI Foundation, Kupondole, Lalitpur
Kanchanjanga Education Institute (KEI), Kupondole, Lalitpur
Students should learn about the materials and books, course duration, cost, teaching faculty, weekly exams and then only get admitted. It is the hard work of students that matters more than anything else.
BE in Computer Engineering Syllabus
Below is the detailed TU BE in Computer Engineering Syllabus.
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Computer Programming
- Engineering Drawing I
- Engineering Physics
- Applied Mechanics
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Engineering Drawing II
- Fundamental of Thermodynamics
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Chemistry
- Workshop Technology
- Mathematics III
- Object Oriented Programming
- Electric Ciruit Theory
- Electrical Engineering Material
- Electric Circuits Devices
- Digital Logic
- Applied Mathematics
- Electric Machines
- Numerical Method
- Digital Structure & Algorithm
- Discrete Structure
- Communication English
- Probability & Statistics
- Software Engineering
- Computer Graphics
- Data Communication
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Engineering Economics
- Embedded System
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Database Management System
- Artificial Intelligence
- Operating System
- Minor Project
- Project Management
- Organization And Management
- Energy , Environment & Society
- Computer Network
- Distributed System
- Digital Signal Analysis & Processing
- Elective -I Subject:1- Advanced Java Programming
- Elective -I Subject:2- Data Mining
- Elective -I Subject:3- Radar Technology
- Elective -I Subject:4- Emebedded System Design using ARM Technology
- Elective -I Subject:5- Satellite communication Systems
- Elective -I Subject:6- Image Processing & Pattern Recognition
- Elective -I Subject:7- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Elective -I Subject:8- Aeronautical telecommunications
- Elective -I Subject:9- Web Technologies & applications
- Project(Part A)
- Engineering Proffessional Practice
- Simulation & Modelling
- Internet & Intranet
- Information System
- Elective -II Subject:1- Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Elective -II Subject:2- Networking With IPV6
- Elective -II Subject:3- Advanced computer Architecture
- Elective -II Subject:4- Big Data Technologies
- Elective -II Subject:5- Optical Fibre communication Systems
- Elective -II Subject:6- Broadcast Engineering
- Elective -II Subject:7- Wireless Communication
- Elective -III Subject:1- Multimedia System
- Elective -III Subject:2- Enterprises Application Design And Development
- Elective -III Subject:3- Geographical Information System
- Elective -III Subject:4- Power Electronics
- Elective -III Subject:5- Remote Sensing
- Elective -III Subject:6- XML: Foundations,Techniques And Applications
- Elective -III Subject:7- Artificial Intelligence
- Elective -III Subject:8- Speech Processing
- Elective -III Subject:9- Telecommunication
- Project(Part B)
Scope and Career Prospects
Computer has undoubtedly become the way of life. In today's world, we cannot imagine our life without computers and machines. So, the students who have moved in the direction of being computer engineers should not worry about their career scope because they have very bright and dazzling career ahead. There are numerous areas and fields where computer engineers can work and earn satisfying income. They are highly valued in Nepal and in the foreign countries as well. There is huge market for computer engineers in developed countries. The areas where computer engineers can work are:
Software development and Programming
System design, analysis and installation
Hardware and Networking
Communication and Database Administration
Consultancy and Research Institutes, etc.