BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering | Tribhuvan University
Bachelor of electronics and communication engineering (BECE) is the degree, which uses scientific knowledge of electrons to develop the devices, several equipment, electronic system, and module to simplify the life of human beings and help to run the business with greater ease. This program is provided by Tribhuvan University (T.U). Moreover in this field, various electronic components with distinct properties such as transistors, diodes, integrated circuits, etc. are utilized to design the electronic circuits, devices and systems.
In one sentence, we can summarize this engineering as transmission and reception of electromagnetic signals. This degree is four year program consisting of 8 semesters. Here, 50 core and elective course are offered. The course consists of lectures, site visits and practical in laboratories. This program introduces students to Circuit design, Electronic device, Networking, Wireless communication etc.
The fee structure of BECE degree ranges from Rs. 8 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakhs. It depends on the college and may vary accordingly. The fee structure for government affiliated public colleges like Thapathali campus is quite lower than that of private colleges. In order to understand the accurate fee structure, it is recommended to visit the particular college, where the students are interested to get admission.
List of BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering Colleges
Below is the list of colleges for BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering program under Tribhuvan University in Nepal.
|Advanced college of engineering and management
||01-5522852 / 01-5539322,
|Eastern Regional Campus
|Institute of Banking and Management Studies
|Kantipur Dental College
||977-25- 583563, 025-580550,
Objectives of BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Bachelor of Electronics and communication Engineering has been developed with the following objectives:
To help students get good job at industry, academic field or in government sector.
Help graduates to be a successful engineer who can develop innovative ideas for design and construction of electronic system and applications required for modern business.
Work as team, and demonstrate inspiring leadership capabilities to the mutual benefit of themselves, their workplace and community.
Motivate students in pursuing higher education and encourages them to get in the field that creates professional development for continuously being up to date, and increasing knowledge base.
Performing engineering practices by abiding the ethics and making positive impacts to the society.
Admission Requirements in BE in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Students who are willing to pursue electronics and communication in Bachelor degree must to meet the following criteria:
The interested candidates must have to obtain minimum of 45% marks in Intermediate of Science (I. SC.) or must have to complete plus two in Science stream or In A- Level with full paper of two hundred marks mathematics or diploma in engineering or any equivalent courses from any board or university recognized by Tribhuvan University are suitable for entrance.
After the entrance exam, when the result is published students get admission as per merit list. Merit list is totally based on the entrance exam marks where marks of plus two is not added. Even the interview does not take place.
Pulchowk Campus, the authorized institution of Tribhuvan University is responsible for entrance examination. Questions are asked in five different fields comprising English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Engineering Aptitude. Total marks for this entrance is 140 and 100 questions are must have to be attempted with time division of 2 hours where all the questions are objective based. Students have to sit near the computer provided to them and appear in the exam by following imposed rules and regulations.10% marks of the given question will be deducted for wrong answers. The total 140 marks are allotted in the different subjects in the following basis: for English: 22 marks, for Physics: 40 marks, for Chemistry: 20 marks, for Mathematics: 40 marks and for Engineering Aptitude: 18 marks.
To compete with more than 10,000 equally deserving candidates is a very challenging and tough task indeed and it’s definitely a herculean work to do. After appearing the board exams of grade 12, students will have about three to four months left for preparation of entrance exam. In this very short period of time, students have to prepare everything for the entrance exam. Students will be in a great dilemma and some students’ even fall in excessive stress on how to prepare and what to prepare as the course is very vast and too complicated.
So, to anticipate this kind of problem, there are certain institutes who are trying their best to help the students prepare for their entrance exam. This entrance preparing institutes charge RS. 15,000 to Rs. 18,000 per student for three to four months course where students are given various books and materials helpful for entrance preparation. Teachers also provide various shortcut ideas and techniques, which helps to boost the confidence of students. The institutes like PEA, NAEE and KEI are providing BECE preparation courses in Kathmandu valley.
- SH401: Engineering Mathematics I
- CT401: Computer Programming
- ME401: Engineering Drawing I
- SH402: Engineering Physics
- CE401: Applied Mechanics
- EE401: Basic Electrical Engineering
- SH451: Engineering Mathematics II
- ME451: Engineering Drawing II
- EX451: Basic Electronics Engineering
- SH453: Engineering Chemistry
- ME452: Fundamental of Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer
- ME453: Workshop Technology
- SH501: Engineering Mathematics III
- CT501: Object Oriented Programming
- EE501: Electric Circuit Theory
- EE502: Electrical Engineering Material
- EX501: Electronic Devices & Circuits
- EX502: Digital Logic
- EX503: Electromagnetics
- EE554: Electrical Machine
- SH553: Numerical Methods
- SH551: Applied Mathematics
- EE552: Instrumentation I
- EE553: Power System
- EX551: Microprocessor
- CT551: Discrete Structure
- SH601: Communication English
- EE602: Control System
- SH602: Probability & Statistics
- EX602: Instrumentation II
- EX603: Computer Graphics
- EX601: Advanced Electronics
- CT603: Computer Orginization & Architecture
- CE655: Engineering Economics
- CT655: Embedded System
- EX651: Signal Analysis
- EX652: Communication System I
- CT657: Computer Network
- EX653: Propagation & Antenna
- EX654: Minor Project
- CT701: Project Management
- EX701: Energy Environment & Society
- EX702: Communication System II
- EX703: Telecommunication
- EX704: Filter Design
- EX707: Project I
- ME708: Organization & Management
- EE72504: Power Electronics (Elective I)
- EX72501: Radar Technology (Elective I)
- EX72502: Satellite Communication (Elective I)
- EX72503: Biomedical Instrumentation (Elective I)
- EX72504: Aeronautical Telecommunication (Elective I)
- CT72501: Advanced Java Programming (Elective I)
- CT72502: Data Mining (Elective I)
- CT72503: Embeded System Design Using ARM Technology (Elective I)
- CT72504: Image Processing & Pattern Recognition (Elective I)
- CT72505: Web Technology (Elective I)
- CT72506: Operating System (Elective I)
- CE752: Engineering Professional Practice
- EX751: Wireless Communication
- EX752: RF & Microwave Engineering
- EX753: Digital Signal Processing
- EX755: Project II
- CT76502: Agile Methodologies (Elective II)
- EX76503: Broadcast Engineering (Elective II)
- EX76501: Optical Fiber Communication (Elective II)
- CT76506: Database Management System (Elective II)
- CT76503: Networking with IPv6 (Elective II)
- CT76507: Big Data Technologies (Elective II)
- CT78501: Remote Sensing (Elective III)
- CT78503: Multimedia System (Elective III)
- CT78504: Enterprise Application Design & Development (Elective III)
- CT78505: XML: Foundation Techniques & Applications (Elective III)
- CT78506: Artificial Intelligence (Elective III)
- CT78507: Geographic Information System (Elective III)
- CT78508: Speech Processing (Elective III)
Scope and Career Prospects
One of the major driving forces for information technology revolution is the advancement in electronics and communication. This field has very inspiring scope today as well as in future without any doubt. One can sit at home and can send audio and video to his loved ones, this is because of broad band technologies. Our lives are heavily influenced by electronic device and those students who are pursuing electronics and communication will surely have bright future ahead. In this communication hungry world, where billions of rupees are spent in refinement of electronics and communication devices, the engineers working in this field can earn very hefty sum of money.
Some of the specific job areas, where the electronics and communication engineers can work are:
The graduates can work in government organization as well as in private companies for installation, operation and maintenance of electronics equipment's and systems.
Defense, space, organizations involved in research hire electronics engineers who are competent in design and development of complex devices, signal processing systems and telecommunication.
Hospitals, banks, health care industry where heavy electronic devices are used and those devices are installed and maintained by electronic engineers.
Various telecommunication and networking industries, wireless industries, communication industries etc. are the hub of electronic and communication engineers.
Design and fabrication of devices, integration of circuits, embedding of systems, handling electronic equipment's are the work which is done by those graduates.