Actors seem flawless to us, with never-ending courage and strength. We see them performing some dangerous and difficult stunts on- screen fearlessly but then we hardly try to know what goes behind their reel life. Like every normal human being, they have their own share of difficulties, fear, and phobias. Here we have listed the weird phobias of some famous celebrities.
Rightfully called the Khan of the Bollywood, Vidhya Balan is petrified of cats. Nothing makes her lose her calm other than the cat. Suffering from Ailurophobia, Vidhya was once in Kamalistan Studio for a magazine shoot where she spotted a cat. Her fear of cats got her stand on a chair and refused to come down until the cat was out of her sight.
Katrina Kaif, a gorgeous actress with a huge fan following actually has a fear of tomatoes. The phobia of tomatoes is called Lycopersicoa phobia. And due to her fear of tomatoes, she even turned down million dollar offer for a ketchup advertisement. It came to know that her phobia worsened after she shot a song in ZNMD.
Arjun Kapoor, who has a macho image on-screen, actually have a fear of ceiling fan to the extent that he hasn’t got a single ceiling fan in his home and avoids them completely outside also.
The cute and bubbly actress of Bollywood, Alia Bhatt is petrified of darkness. Thus, she sleeps with a dim light on and windows slightly open. She has revealed that her fear of darkness developed when she was a child. Her sister used to lock her up in a dark room while Alia would cry with fear. Seems like we will never see her in a horror movie.
The fit and gorgeous fashionista, Sonam Kapoor has a weird phobia which actually helps her stay fit. What I mean is she is scared by elevators. She would rather choose stairs then climb an elevator. The elevator is not even an option if she’s stressed out. She hasn’t revealed the reason behind her fear but there might be one.
The beauty queen Celina has a fear of butterflies which she has been suffering since she was a child. She is so much terrified of butterflies that once when she was on the set of movie ‘No Entry’, she almost fell off the cliff when she ran seeing a butterfly.
How do people get phobias?
Feeling uneasy and fearing certain things are quite common in every human being. But if your fear interrupts your daily life, does not let you stay happy and makes you avoid certain situations or things on the daily basis, you might be suffering from certain phobias.
Phobia is generally divided into three groups:
1. Specific or Simple Phobias: This phobia produces great fear of a particular thing or situation. People suffering from simple phobia know it’s irrational to be scared of such objects or situations, but still they are terrified of those object or situation.
2. Social Phobia: People suffering from this phobia fears of being embarrassed and humiliated in front of other people. It can be because of low self-esteem and feelings of inferiority.
3. Agoraphobia: People suffering from this phobia feel like they are in a situation or place from where they won’t be able to escape. This may include dread of using an elevator. In extreme case, people may fear to leave their house.
Phobia is not something that can be washed away or can be overcome by willpower but are treatable.
Ways to tackle these phobias
• Cognitive-behavioral therapy and behavioral therapy are proven to be effective to treat these phobias.
• In order to tackle phobia, one should work with therapist closely.
• You can take medicines like beta blockers, antidepressants, and tranquilizers.
« Previous Article
» Next Article
Dr. Man Bahadur K.C. Senior Cardiologist of Shahid Gangalal National Heart Centre has examined patients complaining with all kinds of heart disease. During our visit with Dr. K.C. with questions about heart disease in younger generations Dr. K.C enlightened us about how improper habits and lifestyle has promoted heart patient numbers in the context of Nepal. He also gave us information about nature of heart problems and prevention on a long run.